Re: gtk 2.4 and gnome 2.6

Le mar 09/03/2004 à 08:07, Akira TAGOH a écrit :

> JM> Why keep it in experimental? packages in testing exist with newer
> JM> versions in unstable. I don't see why we should hold back the gnome
> JM> version in unstable until testing is released as stable.
>
> Because sid isn't used as intended purpose anymore.
>
> I would ask you. why do you need gtk+ 2.4 and GNOME 2.6 so
> much in the unstable? do you have any objection except "I
> just want to play it. but it's hard time to me to install it
> from experimental."

Evolution 1.5.5 goes to experimental because of it's a devel version.
If GTK+ 2.4 and Gnome 2.6 will be release as stable by Gnome project,
why would you put it into experimental ?

> We will have to test some anyway-- especially debian
> specific thing. of course when it's time to do that
> globally, it will be in the unstable. However AFAIK we
> haven't done anything yet.
> Doesn't it make sense?

If they packages will be put into unstable, they can't be uploaded to
testing if they're many RC's bugs, so...

--
Raphaël "SurcouF" Bordet
surcouf@choranche.grotte.org