File open dialog: Where is my tab extension

Hi,

once I found out that the file open dialog of Galeon does not show the
oportunity to have a command line where I can type in the file to load
and use tab completion.  This is one of the most beloved file open
features I have ever seen.  The I noticed that it not only vanished
in Galeon but also other Gnome application.  Erich Schubert told me that
I should try gconf to find out whether I'm able to fix this globally.

I have to admit that I would regard this behaviour as not only a misfeature
but a real bug.  I was told that Gnome 2.6 does support blinds much better
and is in terms of accecibility a very good thing.  This might be and I
do not want to discuss this here because of missing knowledge about this
topic.  But assumed I would be blind I think I would absolutely be in
vain if I should load a file and would be forced to point the mouse to
a certain position while my option to use plain keyboard input has vanished.

I think the reworked file open dialog is really nice and enables quick
handling we should definitely bring back the tab completion feature to
gain full functionality.  I'd like to discuss this here before I file a
bug report to hear your opinion.

Please be so kind to CC me because I'm not subscribed.

Kind regards

         Andreas.