Re: Mozilla 1.7 will break Epiphany printing

On Mon, Jun 28, 2004 at 12:59:53AM +0200, Christof Petig wrote:

> Rob Taylor schrieb:
> | Theres no impetus to push for a
> | gnomeprint backend due to a long term desire to just use cario, but
> | cairo ain't going to be usabele for a loong time by my reckoning...
> | so bascially its f**ked up all the way..
>
> AFAIK Owen plans to port pango and then gnome-print to cairo within this
> year. And cairo clearly outshadows any alternatives (uses OpenGL
> hardware acceleration, planned direct PDF backend).

Yep, but in the light of the tentative sarge release schedule, we can
forget this. I would suggest we bar mozilla 1.7 to enter sarge, or fix
the printing problem for it for the sarge release, until another
solution is found for sarge+1.

Friendly,

Sven Luther