Re: mouse cursor issue

On Wed, 16 Jun 2004, Josselin Mouette wrote:

> Le mer 16/06/2004 à 11:08, Timo Aaltonen a écrit :
> > I'm running sid, and a couple of weeks ago I began to have two mouse
> > cursors.. the first one is a cool one (themeable?) that I can use,
> > and the second is a dummy traditional one.
>
> > strange, huh? This is on my IBM Thinkpad, and I do have two mice
> > configured (the joystick and an external PS2-mouse), but disabling one or
> > the another doesn't do anything (besides annoying me more =).
>
> Such things were already reported. This is most probably a video driver
> issue. Which graphics card do you have?

Oh, I didn't know which package to look for.. tried searching though.
This is Thinkpad T23 with S3 SuperSavage IX/C. It would be logical to
blame the driver, because the newest xfree hit sarge and works fine with
GeForce..

> This may be solved by disabling the hardware cursor (anyway the alpha
> cursor is drawn using RENDER, if I remember correctly).

Option "HWCursor" "false"
that did the trick, thanks! I'll file a bug, because this should be the
default on LCD and perhaps was before 4.3.0.dfsg.1-3 or -4..

> > ps. any guesses when GNOME 2.6 will hit sarge? We're about to change our
> > default environment due September (200+ machines, 10k potential users),
> > and it's a bit pointless to compare KDE3.2.x to GNOME 2.4.2..
>
> The first bits should enter sarge very soon.

great, I already noticed that libbonobo2-0 et al got updated (nautilus
crashing all the time before 'pkill bonobo' =)