Re: GNOME 1 packages removals after sarge

On Mon, 14 Jun 2004, Sebastien Bacher wrote:

> According to the mail about glade remove, some GNOME1 apps are still
> useful for debian's users ... so I'd say that the best option is to keep
> GNOME1 stuffs now and ask for the removals after sarge release.
>
> Is that fine by everybody ?

One approach to this could be to e-mail Debian Weekly News with a list of
packages you intend on removing and giving it a few weeks to see if anybody
objects to any particular package, to give you an idea of the trends. Once user
feedback has been sorted out, it will be a LOT easier to see which packages can
be safely removed without resulting in any riot.

Meanwhile, Nautilus1 and similar packages can already be removed, likewise for
Nautilus2 plugins that won't be needed starting with 2.6 e.g. sftp plug-in.

--
Martin-Éric Racine, ICT Consultant
http://www.iki.fi/q-funk/