Re: Woody Gnome is not stable

<quote who="Chipzz">

> [chipzz@box_a]$ export DISPLAY=:0
> [chipzz@box_a]$ metacity &
> [chipzz@box_a]$ ssh -X box_b
> [chipzz@box_b]$ gnome-session

Are you serious? I'm not being sarcastic here, I genuinely want to know.

This sounds to me, on initial exposure, to be thoughtless optimisation for
an inordinately rare and strange use case. Indeed, there's really no loss
having metacity installed on the second machine even if you only run the
gnome-session binary.

I really don't think this is sufficient rationalisation for a bad default.

- Jeff

    "Not only that, but Google is fast. In fact, it's quite competitive
                          with DNS." - Raph Levien