Re: acme has disappeared in GNOME 2.6, is that normal ?

On Wed, 2004-06-02 at 16:18, Alexis Sukrieh wrote:
--snip--
> If I look to the upstream web page, I see that there does not seem to be
> an acme 2.6 release (even on the GNOME 2.6.1 ftp area).
>
> Is there a replacement package for acme or is that stuff being obsolete
> in GNOME 2.6 ?
>
> Could you point me to the best way of handling multimedia keystrokes in
> GNOME 2.6 ?

This functionality has been moved into the default Gnome Keyboard
Shortcuts menu. Go to Applications -> Desktop Preferences -> Keyboard
Shortcuts and set up your multimedia keys. It's ALMOST identical to
ACME. (It's missing the option to have the volume keys control PCM
instead of Master.)

--
Alex Malinovich
pgp.net keyservers. Key ID: A6D24837