Re: Testversion of synaptic 0.50 available

On Mon, May 31, 2004 at 05:35:19PM +0000, Pedro M. (Morphix User) wrote:
> Jerry Haltom escribió:
> >a) User friendly "Wizard" mode. Similar to the auto update utility in
> >Windows.
> >
> >b) Handling of .deb files from Nautilus. Double clicking on a .deb file
> >and having it walk through the setup would be nice.
> >
> >c) Integration of the Gnome 2 Debconf front end. The user should never
> >see the console. I would actually suggest forcing the Debconf front end
> >to the Gnome 2 one before installing packages (keeping the existing
> >setting).
> I would add an easy way to upgrade a kernel (from 2.4 to 2.6 for
> example), using only one click.
>
> http://wiki.debian.net/index.cgi?HowToUpgradeKernel

I'm not sure that I understand what exactly you have in mind. Do you
want a easy way to find the right kernel image? Or is there something
wrong with installing a kernel image itself?

If you right now search for kernel-image-2.6 and select your subarch,
I assume this will work?  So you suggest adding something that
automates this search and adds a architekture detection?

thanks for your feedback,
 Michael