Re: Testversion of synaptic 0.50 available

On Wed, 2 Jun 2004, Michael Vogt wrote:

> On Tue, Jun 01, 2004 at 05:02:31PM -0400, Adam C Powell IV wrote:
> > >
> > > No. This is a feature is planed as a long-term goal. But we don't have
> > > it yet.
> >
> > <off-topic>
> > Speaking of which, this is something which should really be standardized
> > between the various packaging front-ends.  It's very annoying to have
> > built up a list of wanted packages in debfoster, then have them all
> > ignored by aptitude, and build up a new list there to have it ignored by
> > synaptic...
> >
> > As a user, I'd much appreciate having a standard place where such things
> > are stored across these different apt frontends.  Thanks.
> > </off-topic>
>
> I totally agree. The problem is that apt itself does lack some
> features. That's why all front-ends come up with there own solutions.

echo package purge | dpkg --set-selections && apt-get dist-upgrade

> IMO package auto tracking belongs into apt itself. So it shouldn't
> matter if you install something via apt-get, aptitude or synaptic (or
> any other apt fronend) you always get correct tracking. The same
> should be true for various other metadata like e.g. the "new" flag and
> the "hold" flag.
>
> But this is another long-term goal and it's really a lot of work.
>
> bye,
>  Michael

kr,

Chipzz AKA
Jan Van Buggenhout

                 UNIX isn't dead - It just smells funny
                           Chipzz@ULYSSIS.Org
"Baldric, you wouldn't recognize a subtle plan if it painted itself pur-
 ple and danced naked on a harpsicord singing 'subtle plans are here a-
 gain'."