Re: Gnome 2.4 for Sid; done

El dom, 14-09-2003 a las 16:26, Frederic Peters escribió:

> But lots of people wants to play with Gnome 2.4 and its wonderful
> gnome-about application so I did it.

Lots of thanks! Good job!. It works nice.

>  - upgrade fails; need to run apt-get -f install once to correct some
>    overwriting files

A file in gnome-desktop-data of Debian Sid is in your gnome-panel-data
package. No problem, upgrading first gnome-desktop-data and then
gnome-panel-data and the rest of packages produce no conflicts. I
personally upgraded with Aptitude and simply running "aptitude
dist-upgrade" two times fix de conflict.

>  - Gnome 2.4 feels faster on my computer and I'm happy with it

Works good for me. Thanks again.

Note: the "sticky notes" applet is not working for me :(.
--
Ramón Rey Vicente       <ramon dot rey at hispalinux dot es>
        jabber ID       <rreylinux at jabber dot org>