Re: About XD2, OO.O and that stuff...

On Sat, 2003-09-13 at 17:41, Jeff Waugh wrote:
> <quote who="James Strandboge">
>
> > One of the goals of my backport is to not lose functionality when
> > upgrading from the woody backport to sid.  In other words, don't introduce
> > unexpected changes for the users so they are left scratching their heads.
> > I have backported Ross' gnome-cups-manager though and am interested in the
> > Sun/Wipro/Ximian printman program (but haven't made it part of the
> > backport yet).
>
> I'm pretty sure gnome-cups-manager obsoletes printman. Or, at least Dave
> Camp (who wrote both) would like that to be true. ;-)

Dave's quote was something along the lines of "printman sucks".

I used to have .debs of printman hanging around, they might still be in
my repository.  I had to apply a set of patches from Red Hat to make the
LPRng stuff work, as printman is driven by Sun now thus targets Solaris
servers primarily.

Ross
--
Ross Burton                                 mail: ross@burtonini.com