Re: Today's the day...

On Tue, 9 Sep 2003 18:36:26 +0200
Jordi Mallach <jordi@debian.org> wrote:

> With everything being stalled quite nastily due to glibc, is it worth
> waiting more? Shouldn't we try to stabilize 2.4.0 now and start
> gaining some time ahead of the (suposedly) upcoming Sarge freeze?

Well, why not starting to create packages in experimental ? And next if
those prove to be as good as Gnome 2.2 is in unstable move them from
experimental. I think it could be a good starter, and will follow the
RM's policy... but well i'm not a Gnome Debian maintainer. So let's them
take the decision ^^

> OTOH, I don't know if 2.4 needs X 4.3. If it's only control-center
> that needs it, we can probably recompile it when it's available.

Dude... if X 4.3 is needed by Gnome 2.4 (or even only the
control-center), we're far to see it in Debian...

Ju