Re: German 'umlaute' in gnome(-terminal)

Hi Christian!

Christian Marillat schrieb am Samstag, den 15. Februar 2003:

> > A real problem is the gnome-terminal. I can't enter german characters
> > and they are displayed as '?'.

[..]
> This work here :
>
> http://marillat.free.fr/dists/gnome-terminal-umlaut.png
>
> I think something is misconfigured.

What do I have to configure ?

This is a new installation I configured nearly nothing. I selected these
locales to be generated by package 'locales':

de_DE@euro ISO-8859-15
de_DE ISO-8859-1
de_DE.UTF-8 UTF-8
en_US ISO-8859-1

I installed language-env and selected german everywhere, that's it - I'm
quite sure I didn't do more for my last installations (woody with gnome
1.4).

--
MfG Thomas Mueller - http://www.tmueller.com for pgp key (95702B3B)