German 'umlaute' in gnome(-terminal)

Hi,

I did a new install using sid and now I have several problems with my
german environment.

I've used set-language-env from the Language-env package to set
everything to german. That resulted in the following locale:

LANG=de_DE@euro
LC_CTYPE="de_DE@euro"
LC_NUMERIC="de_DE@euro"
LC_TIME="de_DE@euro"
LC_COLLATE="de_DE@euro"
LC_MONETARY="de_DE@euro"
LC_MESSAGES="de_DE@euro"
LC_PAPER="de_DE@euro"
LC_NAME="de_DE@euro"
LC_ADDRESS="de_DE@euro"
LC_TELEPHONE="de_DE@euro"
LC_MEASUREMENT="de_DE@euro"
LC_IDENTIFICATION="de_DE@euro"
LC_ALL=

Gnome is in english but german characters display correct and I can
enter them so this is no real problem (but a solution would be nice
nevertheless).

A real problem is the gnome-terminal. I can't enter german characters
and they are displayed as '?'.
In the menubar Terminal -> Character Coding -> Current Locale is set to
ANSI_X3.4-1968. When I change that manually to ISO-8859-15 characters
display correct but I still can't enter them.

Should I file a bugreport or is this my fault? Did I miss anything?

Thanks!

--
MfG Thomas Mueller - http://www.tmueller.com for pgp key (95702B3B)