Re: GNOME 2.2 pref. dialogs getting too dumbed down?

On Jan 27, Marcelo E. Magallon wrote:

>> For example, the bookmarks system does not have a hierarchical
>> structure.
>
> I know more than a handful of mostly computer-illiterate people who
> have well over 100 bookmarks.  How are you supposed to find something
> in a list of 100 elements if it's not (somehow) hierarchically sorted?

I don't know what Epiphany is doing, but a lot of newer applications
seem to be drawing on music playlist editors (see iTunes, Rhythmbox) and
on mail/newsreaders (virtual folders and "views").  There are plenty of
interfaces for dealing with thousands of items without hierarchy.