Re: gnome-terminal build against libvte

On Tue, 05 Nov 2002 16:57:54 +0100 Christian Marillat
<marillat.christian@wanadoo.fr> wrote:

Hey Christian,

> vte, I did an upload to experimental version 2.1.1-1.
>
> Comments are welcome.

I grabbed it out i.d.o, and as expected it's slower then a normal Xterm.

It does fix the problem with the font selection, I can select other fonts,
and they are nicely AA'ed.

I haven't used it long (say 10 minutes), but it's working, altough slower.

Thanks for uploading this, I'm going to test it some more.
I'm especially interested in things as :

Build a kernel in xterm, time it.
Build a kernel in gnome-terminal with vte, time it.
Build a kernel in gnome-terminal with zvt, time it.

(I just hope build time doesn't increment that much...).

So expect some numbers in the near future.

regards, koenraad.