Re: Gnome 2 summary 27/06/2002

Em Fri, 28 Jun 2002 09:16:25 +1000, Jeff Waugh <jdub@perkypants.org> escreveu:

>   - Little work was done to provide integration with and migration from 1.x
>     desktops. This is a big issue for GNOME users on Debian. Red Hat and
>     Ximian will almost certainly be putting work into this as they prepare
>     to shift their users across. It would be great if some Debian
>     maintainers got involved in this process.

I'd say that's a big issue for GNOME users on a Debian stable system,
or testing, not unstable... unstable may be used now to make GNOME2
more visible and to make it stable enough for gnome 2.0.1...

> believe I should be required to do so, unless Debian suddenly adopted a
> "let's be a complete pigsty and not an integrated, sensible distribution"
> policy, which would shock and amaze me).

You should not, for stable, I'm sure... and you're not required to
do anything, you'll do that if you want to keep the old packages...
wouldn't you need to do that for any other package?

[]s!

--
kov@debian.org: Gustavo Noronha <http://people.debian.org/~kov>
Debian: <http://www.debian.org> * <http://debian-br.cipsga.org.br>