Re: strange debian behavior

On Thu, Jun 27, 2002 at 01:50:36AM +0200, Xavier Bestel wrote:
> But when I look at the corresponding file
> /var/lib/apt/lists ftp.debian.org_debian_dists_.._project_experimental_main_binary-i386_Packages
> I see:
>
> Package: gnome-control-center2
> Section: x11
> Installed-Size: 3056
> Maintainer: Christian Marillat <marillat@debian.org>
> Architecture: i386
> Source: control-center2
> Version: 2.0.0-1
>
> Perhaps that's why apt-get doesn't want to upgrade it ? I really don't
> know where this discrepancy comes from.
> Could you help me fix this please ? (Cc: me, I'm not on the list)

And you probably need the same pin described in my last message in
/etc/apt/preferences.  Lack of this caused my "missing packages" problem
and putting it in there suddenly had half of Gnome updating.

--
Joseph Carter <knghtbrd@bluecherry.net>            No conceit in my family

<Shinobi> There are worse things than Perl....ASP comes to mind