Re: Broken repository? Or am I missing something?

On Wed, Jun 26, 2002 at 11:31:43PM +0100, Peter Whysall wrote:
> I have the following line in /etc/apt/sources.list:
>
> deb ftp://ftp.debian.org/debian/project/experimental/main/binary-i386/ \
> ./
>
> Is the repository broke or am I doing something wrong?

the latter. the entry should be either:

 deb ftp://ftp.debian.org/debian/ ../project/experimental main

or:

 deb ftp://ftp.debian.org/debian/ project/experimental/main/binary-$(ARCH)/

--
gram

If the designers of X-Windows built cars, there would be no fewer than
five steering wheels hidden about the cockpit, none of which followed
the same principles -- but you'd be able to shift gears with your car
stereo. Useful feature, that.

-- Marus J. Ranum, Digital Equipment Corporation