Re: gnome-media2 packaged

On Thu, Jun 13, 2002 at 12:23:58AM +0100, Bastien Nocera wrote:
> Finally, you might want to package the volume control separately, and
> have 2 versions available, one for oss, one for alsa.

ALSA 0.9, please.  I've had some trouble convincing developers that they
should migrate packages to ALSA 0.9 in the past, but hope now with woody
actually almost maybe sortof released kindof more-or-less, this will get
easier.  I have a nice outline of solid reasons why nobody should be doing
anything with ALSA 0.5 in Debian anymore, but will spare you all the list
and attached rant about OSS "emulation" in 0.5 unless you wanna argue that
0.9 is unstable and we should use only 0.5 for now or something else just
as silly.

(What, you're packaging Gnome2 stuff and are worried about _ALSA_ being
stable either in API or in practice?  Mwahahaha!  Foolish maintainer...)

--
Joseph Carter <knghtbrd@bluecherry.net>        Certified free software nut

<``Erik> 18,446,744,073,709,551,616 is a big number