Re: seeking review of pat v0.15.0-1

On Sun, Jul 16, 2023 at 11:26:04AM -0400, Federico Grau wrote:
> Pardon my delays as I was addressing some RL items.  Below are some attempted
> IRC (OFTC, donfede, UTC -4).

No worries, I have been very busy myself.

> 1) The two man pages included with the `pat' Debian package follow the two
> pages provided by upstream, with the binary name "pat" replaced with
> "pat-winlink" per Debian bug #994822 (and
> d/patches/04-update_man_pages_for_renamed_binary_994822.patch circa 2021-Nov).
>
> The second man page "pat-configure" or "pat-winlink-configure", as you noted,
> provides information on the default binary and functionality using the verb or
> argument "configure".  This is similar to man pages like "git help" /
> "git-help".
>
> I'm not clear what change if any is needed here, but subjectively I might
> leave things the way they are given upstream and other similar man page
> examples (though of course constructive dialog and direction is welcome).

Thanks for the patient explanation.  I was simply confused here -
specifically, I was under the impression that there was an additional
binary in the 0.13.1 package, but that's not the case.

> 2) Thanks for the good eyes.  I've refreshed
> d/patches/04-update_man_pages_for_renamed_binary_994822.patch to use the
> updated configuration file locations documented by upstream.

Thank you!

> Standing by for next steps as cycles are available.

I will upload momentarily.  Thank you again for your patience, and for
keeping pat up to date.

Cheers,
tony