Re: New gcc-3.1 packages (including gnat)

* Gerhard Tonn (GerhardTonn@swol.de) wrote:
> On Saturday 06 April 2002 21:10, Matthias Klose wrote:

> One showstopper for 3.1 on s390 in Debian is currently the binutils version
> as I figured out recently. Every binutils version greater than 2.11.92.0.12.3
> used together with 3.1 produces broken code on s390.

Is it known why? Is there a patch for the newer binutils.

> Btw., why are these newer binutils versions prerequisite for 3.1?

I guess it would be much better to fix the binutils than be forced to
run with older ones!

Dave
 ---------------- Have a happy GNU millennium! ----------------------
/ Dr. David Alan Gilbert    | Running GNU/Linux on Alpha,68K| Happy  \
\ gro.gilbert @ treblig.org | MIPS,x86,ARM, SPARC and HP-PA | In Hex /