Re: wondershaper issue on Woody-30 stock kernel

On Wed, Sep 29, 2004 at 06:41:49AM -0500, Vince Mulhollon wrote:
> david kwok <dkwok@iware.com.au> writes:
>
> > 4. Any report on whether kernel-2.4.27-1 has any issue when using
> > wondershaper?
>
> I have never used it on anything older than a 2.6 kernel.
> I've been running 2.6 for a very long time now and never
> really considered when I made the wondershaper package
> that someone would run unstable with such an old kernel, although
> it is obviously possible.
> I'm using stock Debian 2.6 kernels.
> I'll have to give this a try.

Wondershaper seems to work fine with the recent Debian 2.4.x kernels.  I
recently tested it with 2.4.27-1-586tsc, before building my own custom
kernel to add support for ipsec and mppe.

--
Jamin W. Collins

"Never underestimate the power of very stupid people in large groups."
-- John Kenneth Galbraith