Re: Firewall startup script

On 9 Sep 2004, Lorenzo Rossi wrote:
> I have read the man pages twice...and I'm steel reading because the
> use of "update-rc" is not yet clear to me...but I'm sure this is an
> "elegant" ...solution

Hrm.  Maybe using it for too long has blinded me to the quality of the
documentation.

Anyway, the gist of it is that you can use it to do the grunt work of
creating the symlinks in /etc/rc?.d for you, something like this:

] update-rc.d myscript start 38 S

  Daniel
--
If the archangel, the dangerous one behind the stars, took just one
step down toward us today: the quicker pounding of our hearts would kill us.