Re: How-to modify /etc/init.d/networking for stopping IPTables?

On Mon, Jan 07, 2002 at 05:44:06AM -0700, Stefan Srdic wrote:
> On January 7, 2002 01:28 am, Michael Wood wrote:
>
> I want to remove all IPtables modules for when I switch runlevels. So when I
> jump into single user mode my system is clean :-D But then again, the kernel
> has the IPTables modules in the autoclean state, meaning that they will be
> removed from memory when not used right? Perhaps I'm scripting for no
> reason....

AFAIK you need to run 'rmmod -a' in order to remove unneeded autoclean
modules.
It least it used to be that way.

--
     Florian Friesdorf <42ff@gmx.net>
OpenPGP key available on public key servers

------> Save the future of Open Source <------
-> Online-Petition against Software Patents <-
------> http://petition.eurolinux.org <-------