Re: Running Bind behind a Firewall

there should not be any problem on the bind side: the addresses the DNS server
manage does not have to be the one associated with the server ip address. You
simply have to define your zones, domains and reverse with internet addresses
and domain and that's it. The only problem i see is the dhpc: you have to port
forward on the firewall to a fixed address in the 10.0.0.0/8 segment, if your
server ip change, this is not really realiable.. Why dont you use a fixed
ip address for this server ?

JeF
On Fri, Mar 22, 2002 at 04:47:09PM -0600, Thomas Cook wrote:
> I would like to run a BIND name server on my network for my domain.  My
> problem is that although I have a static ip address, the computers on my
> network get dynamic ip's from a DHCP/firewall/router in the 10.0.0.0/8
> range.
>
> When I try and set up BIND, it used the servers IP address as the ip address
> to associate with my domain, rather than the ip address assigned by my ISP.
> I have fixed up NAT and port forwarding to get the data to the right place,
> but how do I tell the server to use the external address, rather than it's
> internal network address?
>
> Thanks,
> -Tom

-> Jean-Francois Dive