Re: Blocking SMB

Hi Charlie!

On Mon, 25 Feb 2002, Charlie Grosvenor wrote:
> Also is it possible to allow outgoing smb connections so that i can connect
> to hosts outside my network but they cannot connect to me?

you don't want to connect to another machine offering smb that is exposed
to the inet.

if you want to access files on an smb share on another machine over the
internet you should set up a vpn (see the vpn-howto and vpn-masquerade
howto: http://www.linuxdoc.org/HOWTO/VPN-HOWTO.html,
http://www.linuxdoc.org/HOWTO/VPN-Masquerade-HOWTO.html)

you can't trust any files you get from a public exposed smb share.

yours martin
--
<martin@wuertele.net> ------------------------------ NO HTML MAILS PLEASE
             PGP/GPG encrypted and signed messages preferred