Re: Newbie

On Wed, 20 Feb 2002, Christian Bailleul wrote:

> I just installed Debian on an old Pentium 90 with 32 mb RAM.  It is my
> intention to make a firewall out of it for my cabelmodem-connection.
>
> Can anybody provide me with some (links to) good documentation ?
>
> Please be aware that I'm a real newbie at Linux and Firewalls.

Chris,

Take a look at:

  http://www.zelow.no/floppyfw/

Firewall on 1 floppy (distant Debian cusin) based on kernel 2.4.17 /
busybox / iptables / dns-server / dhcp server and client. I'm very
pleased with it. Tested it today (from the outside). Used nmap and
nessus. The only thing that reveals its existance is ping (which you
can switch off too). Very easy configuration (edit one file on the
floppy).

Cheers,
Cristian