Re: CDs for Linuxworld

--- "Jaldhar H. Vyas" <jaldhar@debian.org> wrote:
> On Wed, 14 Jan 2004, Martin Schulze wrote:
>
> > For example that.  There's no need to get people think the CDs are old
> > and useless just because 3.0r1 is printed on and we've already got the
> > second update.  They should update with security.debian.org anyway, if
> > their machine is net.connected.
> >

> One of the reasons I wanted beta installer netinst CDs is to provide
> something *new*.  Tradeshow appearences are PR exercises and one of the
> biggest image problems Debian has is that it is "old and useless."  How
> can we combat this if we don't even have the most recent "old and
> useless"?
>
> --
> Jaldhar H. Vyas <jaldhar@debian.org>
> La Salle Debain - http://www.braincells.com/debian/

By informing ppl that Debian is "old and useless".  Only then will thay upgrade too the new and
feature full versions thay are looking for.  This is a feature not a bug.

No REALY, explain to them that thay should use debian's update(as compared to win update) feature
One of the big selling points of Debian is it's 'dselect'(I hate ppl trying to use apt-get when
thay haven't a clue)  It's so good in fack that it's not nessesary or desierable to ship updated
software when it's avalible.  It would be unthinkable to make new CD images 3 or 4 times a week to
keep up.  Even woody would have too many CD images if there was a new one every time something was
uploaded to security.

Don't complain or it's practical that there won't be any r*(s) to complain about. :)

mike