Re: Renesas SH4 support in emdebian

On Tue, 23 Feb 2010 20:31:39 +0000
Neil Williams <codehelp@debian.org> wrote:

> On Tue, 23 Feb 2010 19:12:30 +0000
> Neil Williams <codehelp@debian.org> wrote:
>
> > On Wed, 27 Jan 2010 12:50:46 +0900
> > Nobuhiro Iwamatsu <iwamatsu@debian.org> wrote:
> >
> > > This CPU[0] is useing on Embeded system.
> > > I want to support Renesas SH4 in emdebian.

I've now completed the tweaks on the website and the package code, as
well as adding a News item on the www.emdebian.org website that will
show up overnight. During that time, the grip processing scripts are
adding SH4 binaries for those packages that exist in debian-ports. As
new builds become available, the scripts will include those updates
automatically.

The restriction about only supporting unstable remains - SH4 won't be a
release architecture for Emdebian until it's a release architecture for
Debian.

With the combination of missing packages and only a single suite, SH4
support in Emdebian will be somewhat flaky initially but there's enough
good stuff to hopefully encourage wider support.