TESTING! scratchbox emdebian devkit released
I finally got round making a devkit for scratchbox that uses some of the
modified tools for building packages.
How to proceed :
*Install scratchbox 1.0.1 (see http://www.scratchbox.org) This is really
well documented etc... (kudos to the scratchbox team for that) On debian
it is very easy if you add the correct lines in your sources.list and
apt-get install what you need.
*Get the emdebian devkit debian package at
http://home.scarlet.be/~deswert0/scratchbox-devkit-emdebian_1.0.1_i386.deb and install it with dpkg. Also install the doctools and perl devkits, and of course a compiler.
* go into /scratcbox/devkits and make a link that makes debian point to
emdebian (ln -s emdebian/ debian). This is needed because the install
script somewhere inside the devkit is originally from the debian devkit
and copies some files from that location. I did not notice that while
building the package.
* start scratchbox (/scratchbox/login) and select what you need. You
will see that you can install a debian and emdebian devkit. Do not
select the debian one (this is because of the link we put in earlier)
Installation will also work if you have installed the debian devkit, and
you do not need to make the link then. But make sure you only select one
of those two devkits.
* Once the target is selected make sure that the sources.list inside
scratchbox uses stable instead of unstable. (otherwise the
sb-install-base-packages command will not work decently and trying to
build a random debian package will break the devkit when you try to
install the dependencies)
* export emdebian=true. This will make sure that all the debhelper
scripts will not include docs and man pages on packaging time.
* next on my list is building the basic packages that are on this list:
* please report bugs and I will try to fix them. It is still very
experimental so you will see a bug with dh_shlibdeps printing out a lot
of garbage etc...
* packages build with this should install normally and could eventually
be installed using the stag tools (which I also need to fix when I find
time for it)
| Philippe De Swert
| Stag developer http://stag.mind.be/
| Emdebian developer: http://www.emdebian.org
| Please do not send me documents in a closed
| Use the open alternatives. (*.pdf,*.ps,*.html,*.txt)