Re: Embedded Debian, the 5 lb bag.

> Which is why solutions such as http://scratchbox.org/ make sense,
> since it makes a fast build system (such as an x86) act as a
> native target system, by using binfmt_misc, a cross-development
> system, and an nfsmount....

http://scratchbox.org/pdf/cross-conf.pdf

Wow, I certainly have learned a lot today. Let me understand this, are
you proposing that we cross-compile emdebian using scratchbox or
something like it? If so, I'll volunteer to work on a couple platforms
that I have hardware for. I have RPX-CLLF (with MPC823) and a
MediaEngine (SA1110) to use for CPU transparency. I also have access to
three fast x86 machines. When the time comes, put me down for that
activity.

Craig