Re: Questions about emacs-snapshot (and also a small patch)

Quoting Miles Bader <miles@lsi.nec.co.jp>:

> Jérôme Marant <jmarant@free.fr> writes:
> >> By the way, is there any tla equivalent of `cvs diff'?
> >
> > Forget about tla. Use bazaar 1.3.2 from debian unstable.
> >
> > 'baz diff' is what you want.
>
> Or with tla, "tla changes --diffs" ...

Which is twice longer than 'baz diff'.

> YMMV with regard to "baz" I think.  It's been quite flaky every time
> I've tried it, though the bugs/problems tend to be _different_ than
> those in tla... the goals behind it are nice, but I haven't been too
> impressed with the reality.

I use baz very often and it is a great progress towards userfriendliness.
Baz 1.3 takes URLs as parameters now and automatically registers archives.

 Example:baz get http://my.url/archive/category--branch

works fine!

Whether there are bugs is not that critical: its teams is reactive and
fixes very quickly.

Tla keeps having a horrible UI and is not making progress. And it will
not change anytime soon.

--
Jérôme Marant