Re: Status of XEmacs? (problem with tramp)

  Hi.

From: Jérôme Marant <jmarant@free.fr>
Subject: Status of XEmacs? (problem with tramp)
Date: Sun,  8 Aug 2004 10:07:00 +0200
> (CC'ing the new XEmacs maintainer)

  I'm reading this list.

> The current version of XEmacs in 'testing' is the one from woody (!),
> i.e. 2.4.6, probably because it has not been well maintained.
> Tramp doesn't byte-compile fine with this version of XEmacs, but it
> byte-compiles fine with the XEmacs from unstable.

  To put it more precisely, XEmacs in testing has been deleted
because of RC bugs.  See,

http://lists.debian.org/debian-release/2004/06/msg00021.html

  And I took over the maintenance from the previous maintainer.
Now I'm working on fixing RC bugs.

> So, do we have a chance to get a updated XEmacs in sarge?

  Only one problem is `SEGV problem on ia64'.  See BTS
entry #207412, #149088 and #218241.  If I won't be able to fix
this RC bug,  I'll drop ia64 support.  There is no other
difficult problem about xemacs21 package.  So I hope I can put
xemacs21 into sarge release.  Please wait one or two weeks.

  Thanks.

----
  OHURA Makoto: ohura@debian.org(Debian Project)
                ohura@netfort.gr.jp(LILO/Netfort)
  GnuPG public key: http://www.netfort.gr.jp/~ohura/gpg.asc.txt
        fingerprint: 54F6 D1B1 2EE1 81CD 65E3  A1D3 EEA2 EFA2 77DC E083
  http://www.netfort.gr.jp/~ohura/