Status of XEmacs? (problem with tramp)

(CC'ing the new XEmacs maintainer)

Hi,

The current version of XEmacs in 'testing' is the one from woody (!),
i.e. 2.4.6, probably because it has not been well maintained.
Tramp doesn't byte-compile fine with this version of XEmacs, but it
byte-compiles fine with the XEmacs from unstable.

So, do we have a chance to get a updated XEmacs in sarge?

If not, I'd propose to drop xemacs21 support from tramp: xemacs-packages
comes with a version of tramp, althought outdated (2.0.36).

Cheers,

--
Jérôme Marant