Re: kickerrc

Petter Reinholdtsen skrev:
[Joakim Seeberg]
Hi I find it odd that kickerrc is crested as a /etc/skel file
instead of being a part of kde profiles.  At least it should be
documented how changes to kickerrc can be made using kiosktool by
removing kickerrc from existing users and from /etc/skel.

What do you think?

I found no other way to change the default applets used by kde.  This
is implemented to make sure new users get the media applet, to get a
visual indication of USB and CD medias plugged in and a easy to find
way to umount these media devices.  If the file can be moved and still
work, I am all for it. :)

I believe KDE should be changed to not hardcode the list of applets
started when no configuration is present, and similarly to allow us to
provide our own list of favorite applications (instead of the
currently hardcoded list).  I believe this is the only durable
solution.

Why do you want to change kickerrc?
I guess for the same reasons you want to change from default kde applets, administrators might want to change default debian-edu applets like iceweasel to Opera. As it is now you can only add applets using kiosktool not remove them.
Happy hacking,