server-questions

Hi,
i will setup an skolelinux-network in Easter break. But there is an bigger project in 2011. We will offer netbooks (ASUS eee) to our sixth former. At first 80 and if everything goes well, in 2012 to every one (nearly 300). So i think we need an extra fileserver (or two or three) which stores some of the private diskspace, ( i mean the /skole/tjener/home0/* folders, we don't want to offer roaming profiles (is this the english name for getting your personal home-directory on every client? in german i call it sth. like "rambling home-directory's" - so i hope you know what i mean) for this netbooks, only an access to their own files on tjener. ) I think, only to mount an filesystem from another server to /skole/tjener/home0 is no good way, because the traffic will also continue over the eth0 of tjener. Does someone knows a pretty good HowTo for this problem ? Is eisfair a good solution?

We also need an extra webserver, because there will be some application running over the intranet, with multiple access. My first thought: i would set a link into the html sourcecode of the /etc/debian-edu/www/index.html to the second webserver.

Thanks, martin