Re: should iceweasel really be the default browser?

[Holger Levsen]
> IMO we should let the user decide, provide visible icons for both
> browsers and keep the KDE default of konqueror as a default browser,
> plus providing documentation how to change this system wide.
>
> It would also allow us to release faster ;-)

The problem is that konqueror have problems with several sites where
iceweasel work properly.  It was the reason we switched, and I suspect
it is still true.  Do not remember any sites of the top of my head,
though, but remember I saw issues when I tested multimedia and flash
sites.

I agree that the problems with it need to be fixed, though. :(

We can not force the users or their admin to spend time to figure out
which browser work best.  We should make a decision and stick to it.
Those with time and interest will be able tochange it anyway, and we
do not want to alienate those without the time and interest to
consider these choices.

Happy hacking,