Re: Most popular packages currently missing on the lenny-test DVD

On Tue, 7 Apr 2009, Petter Reinholdtsen wrote:

28.0   9.2 screen                              (notoncd) (notwanted)

Screen seems very useful.

21.3   8.4 mc                                  (notoncd) (notwanted)

Please put mc on "wanted".  At least in Germany it is really widely
used and I guess many teachers will miss it.

17.2   5.9 deborphan                           (notoncd) (notwanted)

Do you trust aptitude completely and thus deborphan is not wanted?
From time to time I verify installation using deborphan.  It should
be not too time consuming on the DVD.

Also, several command line tools
are listed (screen, deborphan, hddtemp, rkhunter, htop).  Perhaps we
should add some of them to our toolbox?

Yes - see above ... and please do not miss mc!  I felt very unhappy
when I once tried SkoleLinux in the school of my son and mc was not
available immediately.

I'm going to add these (if you know more about the packages, please
advice if Ignore should be increased to suggest or recommend):

common:
 Recommend: deborphan, hddtemp, htop
 Ignore: screen, rkhunter

Please move screen from Ignore to at least Suggests and add mc (preferably
as Recommends).  (And yes, I'm biased, but so are several teachers too.)

Kind regards

        Andreas.

--
http://fam-tille.de