Re: administrator upgrade

[Holger Levsen]
> We want to release our lenny. administrators hosts the the cd build
> system as well as dak, and I'm not really comfortable at all with
> this upgrade at this time.

The CD build system would benefit from an upgrade from Etch to Lenny.
We are already using a lot of backports to get it working, and at the
moment it is not possible to build lenny live CDs using the build
tools in Etch.

I do not know anything about dak. :)

In addition to these two services, administrator.s.n is the NFS server
for the other hosts, and the FTP, HTTP and rsync server for our
published files.  I know we had problems with largefile support with
HTTP, which would have been no issue if the machine was using Lenny.

> What's the reason _for_ upgrading adminstrator _now_ anyway?

I do not know Steffens motivation, but one good reason is to bring it
in line with the other servers, which have been upgraded to Lenny
already.

I suspect there are still many weeks of work left before we can
release the Lenny version, and it would be useful to be able to do so
using tools from Lenny.

When that is said, I agree that we need to fix any problems after an
upgrade quickly, to make sure the current momentum is kept.

Happy hacking,