Re: Eliminating SPAM from archive (Was: Yet another list statistics for debian-edu)

Hallo! Du (Andreas Tille) hast geschrieben:

> >Please help marking spam
> >(especially in the disguise of "out of office notices") at
> >http://lists.debian.org/debian-edu/2009/01/threads.html
> >
> >(click a message and "report as spam").
>
> Well, I just announced that the processing I did revealed
> 4500 SPAM mails in our archive.  I probably could detect about
> 2000-3000 more.  If only listmaster would answer my mail

report-listspam@lists.debian.org isn't intended to interact with
listmasters.

http://wiki.debian.org/Teams/ListMaster/FAQ#head-e51ec8d5f5be6f11efefc58c02c36f9f5d60e762

Your mail was just discarded because of that.

If you want to speak to us listmaster@lists.debian.org is the address.

> you need if I detected potential spam lilke
>    http://people.debian.org/~tille/liststats/potential_spam
> to make it really useful to clean up the archive?

Thanks for your work, we ran an own project to purge spam and stuff
from the archive, documented here:
http://wiki.debian.org/Teams/ListMaster/ListArchiveSpam

sadly the person who was driving that left the project, and currently
nobody took over. (the person who started it is willing to hand it
over to someone.)

> Do you volunteer to ping them?  I just need some information
> which tags they need to remove the spam and I will tweak my script
> to provide this information.  I would even try to parse their
> code to learn about the needed fields - but a single answer
> what piece of code might hide this information would be just
> helpful.

Sorry that we step in this late, but we are really short on manpower
atm.

Yours,
        Cord, Debian Listmaster of the day
--