Re: Eliminating SPAM from archive (Was: Yet another list statistics for debian-edu)

On Tue, 27 Jan 2009 00:45:38 +0100, Holger Levsen <holger@layer-acht.org> wrote:

> On Dienstag, 27. Januar 2009, Andreas Tille wrote:
>> Do you have any measure that it is *obvious* that my mail triggerd
>> more SPAM?  I observed more SPAM too, but the connection to a
>> single mail is not really clear to me.
>
> Me neither.

 The predominant source seems to be bounces; rejection mails
coming _back_ to this mailing list, because some spambot(s)
used debian-edu as its sender/reply-to address.

That could have happened if some mail to this list recently
was CC-ed to something/someone owned (or should I say p0wned)
by a spammer.  It follows the "friend of the friend" logic,
spreading between recipients who are apparently already
known to each other.

Anyhow, is the listadmin working on this?  I'm seriously
considering unsubscribing to from this list due to this
latest bout of spam bounces on it...

--
Herman Robak