Re: iPreparing developer gathering in Trondheim

Hi,

On Freitag, 23. Januar 2009, Andreas Tille wrote:
> A package in unstable *is* not necessariyl in testing.  The packages.gz
> files of the different dists contain different packages.  Currently I only
> parse unstable for the tasks pages.  I might parse all and put the
> information about the existence of a certain dependency in the header
> information as text or symbolic icon.
[...]
> IMHO it makes no real sense to keep apache1  in any of our tasks files -
> but perhaps I'm wrong.  Let's discuss this face to face.

Yeah :) (re: face to face)

What I meant: I think the tasks files for debian-edu (which in our svn trunk
are currently targetted for testing) should be targeted at unstable.

I probably haven't understood the consequences of you parsing other packages
files.

> Well, it is possible sure, but uploading some metapackages of a Blend
> which depends from a not yet available blends-dev sounds not very
> clever and I think there is no real reason for ftpmaster to delay
> editing the override file for a GPLed native Debian package which
> just has some additional binary packages since  January 4th.

Well, you could either upload the resulting debian-edu package to experimental
as well - or, if the changes are mostly related to s/cdd/debian pure blend/,
you could and should probably ask ftpmaster to fasttrack that upload to NEW,
since it's targeted at lenny.

regards,
	Holger