Re: Help to help: bugs squash.

Hi,

On Montag, 19. Januar 2009, Oded Naveh wrote:
> When I get these privilages should I use it to upload changes? How can I
> get others to review/approve any changes I made?

You now belong to the debian-edu project on alioth, that means you can commit
to svn, which we use to manage the files which make up our packages.

You can't upload packages. (To become an uploader, you should read
http://wiki.debian.org/DebianEdu/NewContributor - but uploading ain't that
important / you should rather work on other areas (like fixing bugs) first.)

What you can do, is make changes to the packages in svn. (And work with our
bugzilla as well with Debians BTS.). Every commit you (and everybody else)
makes will result in a mail with the diff of the change. This mail is read by
several people, so we will spot your mistakes _and your cool changes_ :)
(So the review will take place automatically, more or less. Of course, you can
(and should) also ask us to review your changes, if you think thats
approriate.)

Then we will eventually upload the package(s), including your changes.

Have fun!

:-)

regards,
	Holger