Re: open office?

Hi Nigel,

On Dienstag, 6. Januar 2009, nigel barker wrote:
> How unreasonable/impossible is it to ask for open office 3 to be in the
> Lenny debian-edu?

Totally.

Maintaining openoffice.org is a huge task (and in need of help), the current
debian maintainer has been asking for help with it, and afaik gotten none.

We (Debian Edu) don't have the ressources to maintain openoffice.org 3
packages.

If you are interested in helping the maintainer and thus improving the quality
of the package in the future, I believe an easy start would be helping with
dealing with the open bugs against the package.

regards,
	Holger