Re: [slx-www-int] Want to help with translation

Hi Kim,

welcome to Debian Edu!

discussing the international website of Debian Edu / Skolelinux (which are
just two names for the same thing).

I've replied to the debian-edu@ list which is our main list for collaboration.

On Monday 17 March 2008 16:03, cata kim wrote:
> My name is Kim Anh Thi Vo, I'm from Vietnam and a Master student of
> Information System program at IFI of University of Oslo.
>
> I'd like translation Skolelinux into vietnamese and will be eager for this.
> Quite interested in Skolelinux and hope to learn more... ;)

I suggest you start with translating our release manual, as you will learn a
lot about Debian Edu by just reading and translating it. You can read it at
http://wiki.debian.org/DebianEdu/Documentation/Etch/

Information how to translate it, can be found at
http://wiki.debian.org/DebianEdu/Documentation/Etch/Translations

The translation is done via .po files and therefore is the same as with
software translations using gettext. Have you worked with .po files before?

regards,
	Holger