Re: DVD Cover

[James Herrington]
> I've just finished some work on the new website and also thought it
> would be a nice idea to design a DVD cover for the project.

Very good idea. :)

> It was mainly just for some sample work for my portfolio as i know
> you dont sell CD's but i thought it was worth submitting as it could
> be used by vendors that are selling SkoleLinux. I've also included a
> 3d box shot which could be used for online advertising etc.

Very nice looking.  I notice you use a celestia screenshot on the back
of it.  I am really sad to say that this program is no longer
included, as it is missing in Debian/etch (lack of maintainence).  If
the DVD cover is to be used for the etch based version, the version
number would be 3.0, I believe.  It might be a good idea to make the
'Debian Edu' make as prominent as the Skolelinux name, as it is just a
different name for the same thing.

Also, I do not really like the list of contributors on the front.
First of all, it is not a complete list, and it not a correct list for
the sarge based version either.  And I suspect the area is better
spent talking positive about skolelinux/Debian Edu, to save us the
effort of trying to make it accurate.

> Please feel free to let me know what you think. Also if there is
> anymore graphic design work for the project i'd be willing to have a
> crack at it.

I would love to have a kdm login screen that made it more obvious that
the installation is a Skolelinux/Debian Edu installation.  I managed
to rip out the Kubuntu logo, but were unable to insert a replacement.
The debian-edu-artwork package got the current images.

Friendly,