Re: Building a skolellinux mirror

Hi mate

> I'd like to build a Skolelinux mirror.
>
> Could someone give me a few explanations about the difference between
> these modules, and which are best to mirror (and what do you prefer?).
Sure

> $ rsync ftp.skolelinux.org::
> skolelinux-cd   Prerelease-images in Skolelinux
Here are the released versions of Debian-Edu/Skolelinux, e.g. the main
releases, but also the "test" or "prereleases" .

> skolelinux      Autobuilt cd-images of Skolelinux Woody-version
> skolelinux-woody-test   Autobuilt cd-images of Skolelinux Woody (test
> version)
just skip them, they are kind of old :)

> skolelinux-sarge        Autobuilt cd-images of Skolelinux Sarge version
> skolelinux-sarge-test   Autobuilt cd-images of Skolelinux Sarge test
daily builds for sarge, I would skip them as they are more or less obsolete.
The sarge release is under skolelinux-cd

> skolelinux-etch Autobuilt cd-images of Skolelinux Etch version
> skolelinux-etch-test    Autobuilt cd-images of Skolelinux Etch test version
> skolelinux-etch-test-powerpc    Autobuilt cd-images of Skolelinux Etch
> test PowerPC version
> skolelinux-etch-test-dvd        Autobuilt cd-images of Skolelinux Etch
> test DVD version
These are the daily builds for etch (aka terra). They are changing daily or
even more and they are important for testing use. I guess they should be
mirrored as well.

> skolelinux-dist Packages available in Skolelinux
The debian-edu "local" pool which should be mirrored as well.

Hope this helps, otherwise feel free to ask :)

Cheers
Steffen