Bug#365140: marked as done (debian-edu-config: enable-nat ignore other script that may exists to set up firewall rules)
Your message dated Sun, 17 Sep 2006 08:32:07 -0700
with message-id <E1GOycp-0008I3firstname.lastname@example.org>
and subject line Bug#365140: fixed in debian-edu-config 0.405
has caused the attached Bug report to be marked as done.
This means that you claim that the problem has been dealt with.
If this is not the case it is now your responsibility to reopen the
Bug report if necessary, and/or fix the problem forthwith.
(NB: If you are a system administrator and have no idea what I am
talking about this indicates a serious mail system misconfiguration
somewhere. Please contact me immediately.)
Debian bug tracking system administrator
(administrator, Debian Bugs database)
--- Begin Message ---
If you for any reason have some other firewall rules on a server were debian-edu-config is installed, the script enable-nat will most likely flush your natting rules.
The best way to avoid this is to add an empty
in the file /etc/default/enable-nat
-- System Information:
Debian Release: testing/unstable
APT prefers testing
APT policy: (500, 'testing')
Architecture: i386 (i686)
Shell: /bin/sh linked to /bin/bash
Kernel: Linux 2.6.16-1-686
Locale: LANG=nb_NO.UTF-8, LC_CTYPE=nb_NO.UTF-8 (charmap=UTF-8)
--- End Message ---
--- Begin Message ---
We believe that the bug you reported is fixed in the latest version of
debian-edu-config, which is due to be installed in the Debian FTP archive:
A summary of the changes between this version and the previous one is
Thank you for reporting the bug, which will now be closed. If you
have further comments please address them to email@example.com,
and the maintainer will reopen the bug report if appropriate.
Debian distribution maintenance software
Petter Reinholdtsen <firstname.lastname@example.org> (supplier of updated debian-edu-config package)
(This message was generated automatically at their request; if you
believe that there is a problem with it please contact the archive
administrators by mailing email@example.com)
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Date: Sun, 17 Sep 2006 17:13:00 +0200
Architecture: source all
Maintainer: Debian Edu Developers <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Changed-By: Petter Reinholdtsen <email@example.com>
debian-edu-config - Configuration files for Skolelinux systems
debian-edu-config (0.405) unstable; urgency=low
[ Patrick Winnertz ]
* Removed obsolete alternative dependency on cfengine, because it
is going to be removed from debian.
[ Petter Reinholdtsen ]
* Rewrite base-config test to no longer report the missing
dbootstrap_settings as an error. It is not present on etch.
* Adjust syslog cfengine rule to enable UDP listening on etch.
* Adjust webserver test to accept as a success both either apache2
or apache running.
* Update debian-edu-ltsp to work with both old and new version of
ltsp-server. Change default dist from sarge to etch, and add
new option --dist to make it easier to change it.
* New test 'dash' to check that /bin/sh points to dash, not bash.
* Remove cfengine rule to set GreetString in kdmrc. Leave this to
debian-edu-artwork. Use debian-edu-artwork script to enable KDM
* Updated LSB header for the init.d scripts.
[ Steffen Joeris ]
* Cleanup the cf scripts and remove cf.shell and cf.webmin entries
and adjust the Makefile
* Deactivate slbackup configuration part via cfengine for combo servers
as it is merged into the installer,
* Add dh_link to debian/rules and use it for linking the ldapdump
script into the needed slbackup directory and deactivate the
generation via cfengine
merge it into the installer
* Move the enable-nat part for the thin-client-server into the
postinst script and deactivate the cf.nat cfengine call
* Start the debian-edu-config.prerm script and make sure that the
enable-nat init script is called if nat is enabled
* Remove the cf.issue file as we don't use it anymore
* Change code for enable-nat script to make it compliant with policy
and use the code snipplet from dh_installinit
* Add debconf template to ask if enable-nat should be activated or not
* Start the debian-edu-config.config script for the debconf question
* Include code into debian-edu-config.postinst script to avoid starting
enable-nat script if debconf boolean is false
* Add po-debconf to Build-Depends-Indep as we need it for the debconf
* Start the po files for the debconf templates
* Add code to debian-edu-config.postinst to start the kde kiosk
profiles for debian-edu which creates basic configuration for
the /etc/kderc and the /etc/kde-user-profile as a mapping file
[ Ronny Aasen ]
* Avoid touching the conffile named.conf of bind9, instead give it the
option -c filename in the non conffile /etc/default/bind9
* Edit cf.ldapserver and slapd-sarge_debian-edu.conf to try to run
slapd as the default openldap user.
(Closes Skolelinux Bug #1112)
* Fixed wrong dist variable in debian-edu-ltsp, blocked execution
* Workaround for a bug in ltsp-build-client.
* add --accept-unsigned-package, since our cd is not signed yet.
* add a workaround for bug #375077 to avoid the long lookuptimes
that occure after the cfengine run edits nsswitch.conf.
* PXElinux in etch have changed it needs next-server and
root-path options in dhcp now.
* incresed editfilesize in cfengine.conf, squid'c config was larger
then the previous value.
* make debian-edu-pxelinux.cfg use syslinux from the chroot
* pxelinux don't like symlinks. copied pxelinux and images instead
since hardlinks dont work across devices
* added the mandatory nfs export flag for subtree_check or not
0ce1d1869d9403d721921364b5b622bd 722 misc optional debian-edu-config_0.405.dsc
b696919a60a60aba6ab49ce5fd23b83a 203310 misc optional debian-edu-config_0.405.tar.gz
190839bdae8065c0b356fcfe68a30ca8 189232 misc optional debian-edu-config_0.405_all.deb
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.4.5 (GNU/Linux)
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
--- End Message ---