Re: Draft press release: I need speedy feedback

I normally just lurk this list wishing there were something I could do
to help, but I saw this, and being an English-language tech writer with
experience in Marketing, I figured this was my chance. :)

I'm not too familiar with the details of the new release, but here's
something to work with:

After twenty-one months of development, Skolelinux has released
a new version. Skolelinux, the Debian-edu project's Custom Debian
Distribution, is installed in hundreds of schools in Norway, Germany,
and other countries. Many municipalities use Skolelinux across all of
their schools; such centralized operation offers low maintenance and
operational costs.  Skolelinux is free and open source software, and
for those schools that need assistance, many commercial organizations
offer maintenance and support solutions.

The new version of Skolelinux offers recent versions of popular
programs such as OpenOffice, Mozilla Firefox, and GCompris-- all in many
languages. A wide variety of educational software is also available.
Thin client support has been improved, and it is now possible to install
half-thick clients. Half-thick clients allow for full use of newer hardware,
offering support for CD/DVD-ROM, USB-pen, and audio devices. Since all
software is distributed from the Skolelinux servers, maintenance costs
on half-thick clients are still kept low.

Hope this helps,

-r.